🌞HOW TO WEAR LEATHER IN SUMMER WEATHER IN 8 EASY OUTFITS.🌞
While still waiting for more kinder weather to come, this would therefore appear to be a good moment to take stock of the key pieces to have in our closets next season. Cotton, linen, and silk are all standard fixtures in any summer-ready wardrobe. Leather and suede, on the other hand, probably don’t come to mind when you’re getting dressed on a hot, humid day — but that doesn’t mean you should disregard these pieces entirely, especially since we all work in air-conditioned environment. Don’t get stuck thinking only of the heavyweight hides you wore through the winter. Leather of a lighter variety has been a key trend for Spring, and you can expect it to continue well into the coming season. When it comes to how exactly to wear leather in Summer, a few updates and some strategic styling will make it better suited to the rising temperatures we all hope will come soon. Certain pieces will always have a place in your outfit rotation, or at least in mine since I'm a great fan of leather, no matter the time of year. A simple leather jacket, for instance, is as essential now as ever. An elegant blazer style can be worn to the office to help elevate a plain shift dress, while a classic moto is perfect when you’re wearing a light camisole or slip dress on a cool night and want that just-enough extra layer. Beyond these seasonless staples, look for leather in summer-friendly forms. In other words, less coverage and lighter colours. The latest collections feature sleeveless and short-sleeved tops and dresses, as well as leg-baring mini-skirts and trouser shorts that help keep things airy and comfortable. Sunny brights and soft pastel hues also work since they won't absorb heat like classic black. Ahead, shop some of the coolest leather pieces for your warm-weather wardrobe, and discover chic ways to wear them in the months ahead.
1) A modern blazer: for the minimalist, a boxy leather blazer is the perfect extra-layer to wear with a simple fitted white dress and barely heeled sandals.
2) Short sleeves: pair a short-sleeve leather top with summery pieces like a printed skirt, shorts or pants.
3) A lightly-coloured leather shirt: wearing a shirt that incorporates elements of bright white is certainly the seasonable way to wear leather, but also the evergreen boho-chic version is in.
4) A cool mini-dress: a puff-sleeve leather mini-dress or a more sporty shirtdress strike the perfect balance of feminine and edgy.
5) Tailored shorts: tailored leather shorts can be a power player in your Summer work wardrobe. Add a refined silk shirt and a statement belt for a fully polished look.
6) Bright pants: a bold-coloured pair of leather pants fells suited to Summer's bright, splashy mood, while a sheer blouse helps keep things cool in the heat.
boho-chic has been a summer obsession for several years, so we will certainly be able to dig out a leather plain, laser-cut, or lace-up skirt from our closets and try cute combinations for the new season.
8) A moto jacket: no leather list would be complete without a classic moto jacket. Choose either a sleeveless or lightly-coloured version to throw it on over a slinky slipdress or chiffon pleated skirt, this Summer, for the perfect outer layer.