Search This Blog

Sunday, October 1, 2017

MY VINTAGE CHUNKY BRACELET.
My vintage pearl chunky bracelet
One of the great delights of watching the movie "Rear Window" directed by Hitchcock is the fashion starring Grace Kelly, who dominates the scene like a fresh-from Paris fashionista. So, every fashion girl is distracted by all her alluring outfits, which she wears perfectly, visually grabbing the spotlight in the confined interior set of the Jimmy Stewart character's flat. 
Everybody remembers the vision of a smart, sexy wasp with perfect makeup and hairstyle, whose looks are accessorised repeatedly with pearl jewels, according to the most classic trends of the fifties.
But the detail that stand among that jewellery is an iconic bracelet dripping with pearls and heavy ornate lockets, which is worn with an impeccably tailored jade green suit made of a loose jacket, a straight knee-length skirt, white gloves and a crisscrossed, sleeveless shirt,  and matched minimally with a pair of button style earrings and a single row of pearl necklace.
So, how not to get thrilled at the sight of this chunky bracelet which catches the scene with its delicately feminine clunging, as the actress moves through! 
That's why since when I watched the movie, some years ago, I've been obsessed by the idea of buying a multi-row pearl bracelet with big dangling charms and the same Retro-glam style, so flattering to the wrist...
I decided to search for a similar item online, but I couldn't find no website selling this model, so I thought that perhaps I would have more chances to find it on flea markets, whenever I had the occasion. 
The chance came while strolling through the Antiques Market in Nice, Cours Saleya, where, among collectibles, I found a very similar vintage American item, dating back to the fifties, but with only three strands of pearls instead of the six ones of the original worn in the movie, and six charms based on a coin theme, attached to a clasp set with swarovsky crystals, all bunching together when it's closed.
So here is my version of the chic, memorable bracelet worn by Grace Kelly, which makes me feel glamorous whenever I wear it, and makes every look unique and deluxe with its little "je ne sais quoi"...

The multi-row pearl bracelet worn 
by Grace Kelly in the movie "Rear Window"

No comments:

Post a Comment