Search This Blog

Thursday, February 1, 2018

FUR-LINED SLIPPERS, THE LATEST OBJECT OF DESIRE.
Haha guys, Finally, I got them!
Since when I received a Gucci Marmont bag + belt as Christmas presents from my mum (see older post), I have been craving for a pair of Gucci Princetown fur lined slippers to match the ensemble. They are really so classy!
If you'd ask my friends, all of them would tell you that I have been dreaming about those slippers for quite awhile before finally deciding of getting a pair. Why? Well, first of all because I consider them as "very trendy"; I usually don't like to invest in expensive items that are not classic and therefore can't be worn for that long. I had such a crush on those slippers though, that after thinking about them for long I decided that it was time to purchase a pair.
After reading some online reviews, as I always do when I want to buy a designer’s piece, I discovered that these quirky fur-lined slippers are controversial for more than just their looks, since it is reported that their fur lining comes form wild kangaroos in Australia. Gucci asserts that this choice is environmental friendly and sustainable, since Australian state government set up quotas for kangaroo-hunting each year to control the population. I must admit that actually, the well-regulated hunting of a carefully managed wild population could be a more acceptable source of fur than farms, which are often criticised for mistreatment of animals and environmental damage. Personally, I'm not so ethical as to oppose the killing of animals for human consumption under any circumstances; nevertheless, I was not convinced by these claims and decided that I preferred to have my conscience clear, especially about such a frivolous matter as my personal glamour concern.
So, I abandoned the idea of buying Gucci Princetown slippers for a while, actually, until last Saturday, when I saw in a shop window a very similar black leather model by Steve Madden. I entered the shop, inquired about the materials and discovered that the gorgeous lining was actually faux fur. The slipper line, black leather and the gold bar accent in front, very alike the Gucci model, definitely sold me. It was everything I could have asked for and even more affordable...
With an easy open back, these stylish comfy mules are the transitional shoes I was looking for, especially with such an unusual warm January!
It has been so challenging for me to wear them on the first two days! I definitely assure you that I love them and want to wear them all the time...
If you like me, are huge fans of the current fur slipper trend, don’t hesitate in buying a pair, but remember to consider a couple of things before your purchase:
1) As soon as you wear them, they change their form, show signs of use immediately, and are paradoxically quite uncomfortable at first, if you're used to high-heeled shoes on a daily basis. Personally, I’m not a stiletto addicted and I like also to wear flats. Moreover, generally all models of shoes fit well to my small, slim feet, and I need only a short time to adjust to their form, so these aspects are negligible for me. 
I expect it's normal for genuine smooth leather to show small signs of use. Nevertheless, as soon as these slippers start having these signs, they stay the way they look. You'll just get used to it, and after a couple of days, it won't even bother you anymore.
2) Also running for catching the bus can be quite a challenge too, since sometimes you're afraid you might slip out of your slippers. The solution: the longer you'll own them, the better you'll be able to run.
3) Another warning: fur slippers are great to walk around, since they're so comfy and warm now, but they might be annoying on spring days, and of course it's better to avoid wearing them on rainy days, since fur could get damaged by being soaked with water. Anyway, don't worry, mud deposits on fur can be removed by gently brushing the latter with light detergent or shampoo.
4) One last point: you should definitely buy a half/one size bigger. Please, note that they have a "sharp front", which means they're slightly smaller overall. I would usually go for a 35 (EU size) = 5 (US size), but I bought mine 35.5 (EU size) = 5.5 (US size).
Anyway, I don’t think you must be hindered in your purchase about these minor negative aspects. So thumbs up! 👍🏻👍🏻
Actually, they are super comfortable, and I literary love them so much, that everyday I try to choose an outfit that matches them. I really style my outfits with one Mantra: all you need is a nice bag and some cool shoes to lift up any outfit. These coolest ones are easygoing and great for everyday, since you can combine them with business pants, leggings, long skirts and dresses, jeans. My advice is to avoid short dresses or skirts, since these ones are better combined with higher heels, specially if you, like me, are a "petite"; it's a matter of proportions!
          
Ok, but then again... I'm a huge fan of this trend, but I guess it's a preference question...
Haha, just think that my mother for example thought they were meant to be worn only at home!...

No comments:

Post a Comment