Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2019

HOW TO ORGANIZE YOUR LIFE IN 2019, ACCORDING TO SUCCESSFUL FEMALE CEO'S.

The new year has started, and it's no secret that this is an instinctively ideal opportunity to recharge, reset, and, most importantly, start fresh. After all, the start of a new year feels like the perfect time to evaluate your current state while thoughtfully setting new intentions and goals— whether it's something as daunting as vowing to finally clean out your office cabinets, or as exciting as figuring out how to better organise your life in general, professionally and personally.
While the phrase "New year, new me" is popping up across social network feeds everywhere, the idea of reinventing yourself completely is equally as overwhelming as it is unnecessary. Instead, focus on streamlining your life in 2019 by setting attainable goals and sticking to them, rather than enforcing huge changes. Actually, small yet impactful adjustments are the ones that often push you across the finishing line without ending in frustration, as top female CEO's, founders, and entrepreneurs often assert. So, I summarised some of their helpful tips and tricks I find myself mostly inspiring and now I'm going to share them with you:

1) The biggest preliminary work you can do for the new year is to reflect on the past one: What worked? What didn't? Review the aspects you can improve, then create new goals, tweak processes and make adjustments as necessary to set your business up for success. It makes all the difference in how 2019 will be different from 2018. As far as organisation, personally I'm quite old-fashioned: I love a good old pen and my trustable  Louis Vuitton Monogram Agenda MM (see older post dated 11 January 2018), to which I put new additions every year to enliven my days. For 2019, I bought my favourite stuff for setup on Etsy.com particularly very functional refills at CrossbowPrintables
as well as cute, glamorous LV-themed dividers, book markers, and 2019 calendar at TheFabulousPlanner. Anyway, don't think I'm completely analog! Actually, I like also using spreadsheets on my Mac, since for both project planning and finances, because it's made managing my business so much easier.


2) The most effective goals aren't forced into our lives - they're part of our lives. We all know (or are) that person that starts the New Year with massive expectations of how much better we're going to be that year. But, by mid-February, 80 percent of these goals flop. So, "what, then?" Not surprisingly, when we don't reach one of our goals we criticise ourselves - thinking things like, "Why couldn't you do better? You're not good enough". This year, enough is enough. The most important thing you can do is to set goals that lead with self-compassion. It means hustling, but with self-kindness when things inevitably get off track.
3) You know, when you're out to dinner with a friend, and she recommends a book? Or you're in a meeting with someone who raves about a productivity app? Well, each month, I start a note in my phone or on the agenda note section that's meant for all of these random bits and bobs - things I want to jot down and go through later that I don't trust myself to remember. I never delete these notes, which also means that I can easily resurface a recommendation if, in January, something someone suggested in August suddenly becomes relevant. And I do the same for every new idea or project about my blog.
4) I live and die by keeping my life orderly, and planning ahead for everything during the week. Being always on the go, makes it impossible for everything ever be carried out entirely as planned, but I find productive to give some structure to my day-planning.  My agenda runs both my personal and professional life, with colour-codes for everything from in-office meetings, to workouts, to meeting with friends. So, to balance that out, I try to keep my weekend clear of plans to have some room to breathe.

Dear readers, I'm certain these tips will have you feeling inspired not only to rethink  your approach to New Year's resolutions, but keep you on track for all-year-round success. Happy planning! πŸ’ΌπŸ’»πŸ“†πŸ“–

No comments:

Post a Comment