Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2019

CELEBRATING VALENTINE'S DAY WITH MY NEW KELLY BAG BY HERMÈS.
If diamonds mean "forever", gifting a Kelly bag says "forever... and a day". Perennially an iconic status symbol of luxury, since its appearance in 1956 on the elbow of Grace Kelly, the Hollywood star who became a princess, this is still one of the most coveted models of bags, thanks to its emblematic Hermès design: both highly desirable yet anonymous.
Personally, I'm fond of structured bags with a classic, timeless flair, so how couldn't this French-chic icon become one of the favourites in my wish list? As a symbol of exclusivity, the Kelly bag revels in its myriad reinventions and shades to its own myth, so it comes in several sizes: 15 cm; 20 cm; 25 cm; 28 cm; 32 cm; 35 cm; 40 cm. 
The gift chosen for me is one of the most fashionable sizes nowadays, the 25 cm in black Epsom leather + golden hardware - who doesn't love the black and gold combination? - which is perfect to be worn also as a shoulder bag or cross-body, for a fresh effortless-chic look in every season, and I'm sure I will never be tired of it...

I love its ladies' bag aspect, which has nothing fancy in it, just a neat, plain, functional bag intended for energetic women, still very modern. Its beautiful trapezoid shape, with two triangular gussets, a sculpted flap, a handle, and good storage space exudes an aura of evergreen grace. And what about its fundamental composition? Namely, thirty-six leather pieces assembled by a craftsman devoted to noble gestures, six-hundred-and-eighty hand stitches, sixteen small studs, a padlock, a swivel clasp and leather key cover or clochette. I'm also satisfied with the pragmatic choice of Epsom leather,  a very popular embossed type of leather which holds true  to its shape in all instances and is completely resilient to scratches and dirt, even when used daily.
And, believe me, no matter which angle I look at this bag, I see an impeccable, iconic structure. Tonight, at our Valentine's dinner-party, I'll be the most proud and gratified wearer of this wonderful jewel!💝💝

No comments:

Post a Comment