Search This Blog

Thursday, March 21, 2019

SPRING MUST-HAVE SHOES: THE VALENTINO ROCKSTUD COLLECTION.
Today it's officially Spring and it's finally starting the "slingback season"! Dreaming about wearing Spring outfits is undeniably linked to the longing for rocking my Valentino Rockstud pumps again, with bare  legs, aha! Even if I have bought myself my first pair of these famous, iconic caged pumps two yaers ago, I find that they are still trendy, chic, comfortable, and I literally love them, feeling so at ease when I wear them, even if the heel height is 100 mm/4 in. 
Surely, these shoes are not on the cheap side, but even if they are rather expensive, they became iconic enough to be bought without regrets. Since their debut in 2011, thanks to the new design duo Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli, these pointy toed shoes with pyramid studs caught everyone's attention and quickly became a hit, so famous that the brand started to produce also alternative models over the years such as flats, slingbacks, sandals and mules. It is always hard to choose one from the gorgeous collection, since Rockstuds are sold in many colours and in different kinds of leather, but in my selection of a first pair, I went for the bicolour black patent leather and powder-colour nappa leather straps and trims + platinum-finish-studs, with light gold studs, probably the most classic pair, then the following year, I bought another classic version in powder-colour nappa leather and nude piping and ankle straps + platinum-finish studs
The Rockstuds have a staying power that few shoes enjoy and they're just as in-demand as the day they landed, since they're versatile and can elevate any outfit - elegant with formal dresses and edgy with a pair of jeans - and I definitely feel they won't be my last pair, since I'd like to buy also either powder-colour mules or tan caged sandals for next Summer, or perhaps a very up-to-date pair of slingbacks...


No comments:

Post a Comment