Search This Blog

Thursday, August 8, 2019

A FEW MAKEUP ESSENTIALS EVERY GIRL SHOULD CARRY IN SUMMER.
When we are on a Girl's Talk meeting, I'm often asked what type of products I keep in my makeup bag on the regular, especially in Summer for touch-up on makeup during the long days at the office, or as essentials in my travelling tote for taking away tired look during a long journey - and my answer is always the same: multi-purpose ones. I generally don't vary my beauty looks very much, or at least I stick to a few basic products in my routine that slightly vary during the seasons. However, even if your beauty needs are everchanging, it's not realistic to constantly refill what you have in your bag. So, I advise you to keep it simple with things that could be used in a multitude of different ways.
Here's a few versatile products I think every should have on hand on a daily basis to have a look that shows off the freshness and radiance in the great outdoors:
  • Water-fresh tint: beyond foundation, in Summer I opt for a water-fresh foundation that evens out the complexion with a sheer finish for a nude skin effect and a natural-looking skin texture. Colour imperfections are unified and skin is smoothed for a luminous and ultra-natural result. This type of product is perfect not only as makeup base, but also for touch-ups throughout the day.
  • Concealer: In my makeup bag I always opt for something that can work as a staple natural formulation and sheer it out with a small blender, or simply stipple it onto the face where needed.
  • Bronzer: In a pinch, bronzer can become the most universal product in your makeup arsenal. Use it either to warm up the face, or as a very natural blush, in a double layer on your cheekbones. Just be sure to select a product that's more on the matte side, as a shimmer just won't provide you with the same versatility.
  • Mascara + eyeliner: Whether it be one coat or several, mascara and eyeliner always transform the eye. I choose black waterproof, which awakens, defines and compliments any eye colour. I generally apply it in thick layers on the upper lashes, and recommend you do too, unless you're going for a more natural look - in that case, brown is the best choice. 
  • A universally flattering lipstick/gloss + matching lip pencil: I have something with me that I can take from day-to-night in a matter of minutes. I'm fond of either glossy caramel or coral shades since I'm blonde - one coat gives a natural flush, several results in a more bold look, and I can also use it as a cheek stain in a pinch. Combine it to a lip pencil in the same shade to get a more definite effect.
  • Perfume/eau the toilette: I always keep a sample vial of my favourite perfume/eau de toilette in the makeup bag, so that I can spray myself with it when it gradually loses intensity, and keep its pleasant fragrance throughout the day.
Now, dear readers, it's time to wish you Happy Summer Holidays!🌞⛱🐚

No comments:

Post a Comment