Search This Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2019

TREND ALERT: THE PADDED HEADBAND IS THE "IT" ACCESSORY FOR FALL 2019.
In the past few seasons a surge in hair accessories was to be seen, and as for hair accessories, Fall 2019 is a great season too (see my previous post: "How to style statement hair clips the It-girl way"). So after writing about bejewelled hair clips, I'm going to write about a hair accessory that has sparked my interest the most: headbands.
Anyway, if you ask every fashion girl, and the fashion business, Fall is the real start of the year. And although everybody is ready for all the layers, scarves, and yes pumpkin spice anything, what everybody is really ready for this seasons is headbands.
I’m not talking about the hard-plastic headbands your mom shoved in your hair when you were a kid. And no, we aren’t thinking Blair Waldorf either. Think something a bit more chic, if I do say so myself. Actually, the trend first caught my eye when Prada featured headbands on their Spring 2019 runway. Then, it has become popular also with royal glamour icons such as the Duchess of Cambridge, who was seen pairing this elegant accessory with several outfits, as a surrogate of a tiara for more informal occasions. 
Now, oversized, padded, and almost a hint of 80’s is in there. And if either the oversized look or the bejewelled one aren’t for you, don’t worry, a resurgence for simpler styles as well has been seen. I’m not sure about you, but if you're not willing to pay a lot of money for any hair accessory, look at the selection of my favourite models, and you'll certainly find some inexpensive options with a luxe look too.

No comments:

Post a Comment