Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2021

NEW YEAR, NEW GOALS: IT'S TIME TO PLAN FOR 2021.

The period between Christmas and 6th January for most is just a blur, during which just wait for days to go by and eat all the comfort food we have, am I right? 

But we all can become more intentional about how we want our lives to look like. Now, as for me, I took last week to really think about what I want, need and plan my next year. I highly encourage you to do the same, if you haven't, up to now, so as to start your NY off with a great mindset and direction on where to go.

I you want to join me in my reflection week, here's what I did:

1) I set up some time without interruption, lighted some candles and made the room cozy.

2) I got my planner, on which I wrote my goals, last year and really reflected on the actions I took, the goals I accomplished, and the ones I didn't. I reflected on why I didn't accomplish these goals and revised if these goals were still aligned with what I want. If they were, they automatically went into my next Year's goals.

3) Time to plan for 2021! Still in that journal, I wrote all the things I want to accomplish. In this section, it's time to go all out with our dreams, anything that's in our mind, which will appear more realistic and attainable if written on paper.

4) Vision board! I recreated mine with inspirational pictures, glued to it. It can be our 2021 goals or our lifetime goals, but we can do whatever we'd like, there are no rules here, we can even mix it all in, as from a stream of consciousness.

5) Action Plan! Because a goal without a plan is just a wish! Let's get those big goals we want for this year and break them down into small action steps to spread throughout the new year.

6) I transferred the goals and action steps to my newly set planner, and set a reminder to follow up on a weekly basis.

So isn't it exciting to be back making plans for a new year ahead, hoping that it will throw more exciting novelties at us... 

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment